Friday 21 January 2011

Presentation Options - Final Choice?

Throughout this course I have worked with Kev, both photographing in the studio and as I have struggled to start using the Mac and Photoshop in particular.  Kev's knowledge about Photoshop has been invaluable.  As we have moved toward the final presentation of work we have also talked about alternative types of printing available.  Again, as Kev does this for a day job, his knowledge and experience have proved invaluable. 

As we talk it becomes clear that 4 colour printing could be what I am looking for.  Printers have invested in new equipment, costs for small runs have become very competitive.  My investigation about the process on the net also make it look as though it will suit the type of image and style that I have been working towards - early mornings, muted colours, mist and fog, grainy black and white.

That's it then, printing sorted, so how to present them.  I wander through various arts / stationary suppliers trying to finalise my ideas and discount a printed book type format as I will be restricted as to what I can do with it afterwards.  The option is single images printed to be presented in the requisite A3 size. 

I have seen a variety of folio presenters. 

They are good in that they can be reused.  They also come in a variety of qualities (some very cheap), colours etc.  They would certainly fit with what I am looking for.  I finally find what I am looking for in the form of a presentation book that allows you to display individual prints.  They are available in both landscape and portrait formats.  With the images that are heading to final choice Landscape is the option chosen.


No comments:

Post a Comment