Friday 14 January 2011

Ian Cameron

I first came across Ian Cameron at the library in Swadlincote in a very small section of photography books.  The book Trassient Light (A Photographic Guide to Capturing the Medium) stood out.  It's one of a series of titles issued by the Photographers Institute.  I have grown to appreciate this book more as time has gone on (had to pay a fine when I took it back and I now own a copy).




"The essence of good landscape photography seems to boil down to three things: composition, timing and light and I believe that this final ingredient, light, its colour, quality and strength is the single biggest infuence on the success or otherwise of the final image."  Ian Cameron 

The autumnal colours make this picture for me, the sunlight giving a warm tone to the whole image.  The bridge leads you into the scene to meet up with the bare trunk at a third line.
I have aimed for a feel between these two images
with this image from the gravel pits at Hilton.










1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Excellent extended research and development and quotes as well!!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete