Sunday 6 February 2011

Post 7512 level 2 - Hello, my name is Ian and I think I might be becoming an addict.

16 weeks later - what do I do now?

It has been an intersting experience.  I've met some great people, had a few laughs, drunk a few beers - some good - some not so, learnt how to blog and almost by osmosis developed a range of skills around photography that I did not have before.

All I wanted to do was learn a bit about digital photogrphy having been sqaurely in the film camp until last summer.

If you thought developing film was expensive wait 'till you get hooked on digital.  Hello, my name is Ian and I think I might be becoming an addict.

I'll just get a digital camera -
I need to go on a course to learn how to use it better -
I find I cannot wait for my PC to keep up as I try to compare images - I need a new computer - oh and by the way don't forget I need new screen and screen calibrator because the one I have does not compare to those used at college.

(and my wife's viewpoint - "well, photo geek boy, at least it's not another woman.  If you think i'm coming out with you when you are carrying a tripod you've got another thing coming.")

Hello, my name is Ian and I think I might be becoming an addict.

16 weeks - I need another fix.

YES - I've found a new supplier -
Derby City Photographic Club  my first visit - 31st January and a visiting speaker - JOHN WELLS  FRPS - THE JOHNNY WELLS ROADSHOW http://www.johnswells.co.uk/

Nerves steadied, fix achieved, 
hello, my name is Ian and I think I might be becoming an addict.

Next fix 7th Feb -
Will Cheung FRPS - My Passion for Photography
"A presentation by one of the most respected names in the world of photographic magazines. In the last 25 years, Will has been Editor of Photography Monthly, Digital Photo, Photography Monthly and, now, Advanced Photographer. "

Hello, my name is Ian and I think I might be becoming an addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment