Wednesday 22 December 2010

Outside of my office window 2

Snow!

The drive in to work was interesting as the back roads had not been gitted.  Glad I had remembered to put my camera into the boot of the car.

I saw waxwings for the first time during the last spell of heavy frosts, but did not have my camera with me.  Per the RSPB website these are not common.  http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/w/waxwing/index.aspx 

Today I was treated to a small flock of 20 birds spending about 2 hours feeding on the Rowan tree outside of my office window.  The flock sat in a taller tree just down the road and small groups would take it in turns to come and feed.

The images were taken using a 40-150mm lens at 150mm.  As the camera is a four-thirds format this is the equivalent of 300mm on a 35mm camera.  Taken through an open window.

150mm, 1/250th, F5.6, ISO200

150mm, 1/125th, F8, ISO200

150mm, 1/250th, F8, ISO200

150mm, 1/125th, F11, ISO200

150mm, 1/125th, F11, ISO200

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    wow! these are really great images and with a little tweak will be very high calibre images which I am sure will win a competition or award (City and Guilds comp).RSPB magazine or such like as well, etc...
    They look like they were taken in the wild in severe conditions and yet are very good both technically and creatively.
    And maybe we can fit these into your units as well as landscapes and wildlife therein, etc..

    Steve

    ReplyDelete